Carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials in the world and is a great option to fix foundation bowing compared to steel I beams. Learn more today!
A Better Solution
In the same way we have moved away from Tree Stump Foundations, Horse-Drawn Carriages, and Telegrams, we have also moved away from Steel I-Beams for Bowing Wall Repair. Instead, we employ Carbon Fiber Straps.
Carbon Fiber is the strongest material of its kind in the world. It is used for airplane wings, bridge reinforcement and large-scale construction. Carbon Fiber is TEN TIMES stronger than steel. That is a FACT (Not Fake News). In addition to being 10 times stronger, there are other benefits to using Carbon Fiber to repair your Bowing Foundation Wall:
- Stronger means it lasts longer and holds up better than Steel.
- Steel I-Beams need to be re-shimmed many times, and if not installed with the correct materials and connections, can fail.
- No loss in Finished Area.
- As Carbon Fiber is thin, it does not jut out 4-6 inches, so you do not have to move your Finished wall out to hide the repair.
- Less Mess on installation
- Steel I-Beams are bulky and the steps needed to install can be quite messy.
- Walls that bow are curved, steel is straight.
- Say that again, slowly. How can a Steel Beam ever properly be installed on a Curved, Bowed wall properly? The answer is they can’t. There is always some give/shim/corner cut in order to install.
Learn more about Top Causes of Basement Moisture.
How Much Do Carbon Fiber Straps Cost?
Carbon Fiber Works
The fact of the matter is Carbon Fiber is the best material to repair your Bowed Foundation Wall, as long as the bow/tip is under 2 inches. Any more than that and it is time to start talking about pushing your wall back with Wall Plates.
However, if you are lucky enough to catch your issue in time, before it gets past 2 inches, Carbon Fiber is a great solution for repairing your Bowed Foundation Wall. Carbon Fiber works and even comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
The link below takes you to our Services Page that highlights Bowed Foundation Walls and Carbon Fiber Repair.
Thanks for reading, and as always:
“Not Everything’s Better When Wet”