Signs Of Foundation Problems
There are plenty of different clues that can tell you that your foundation is in need of some tender love and care. Common signs that you have a problem are:
- Doors and windows that are misaligned and are unable to close properly and stay closed.
- Cracks window pane glass.
- A sloping wall and staircase.
- Drywall that iQs cracked and peeling.
- Gaps between wall seams and/or gaps between the walls and the ceiling.
- Cracks in the foundation.
- Standing water in the basement.
Know what you can do to prevent water from entering in the first place
There are plenty of different ways you can prevent water from entering your home. They include:
- Paying attention to your landscaping. As a rule of thumb, make sure that all plants are planted away from your foundation at a rate of six inches for every 10 feet. This will ensure water flows away from the home.
- Align your gutters to repel water as far as possible outside the home. Gutters can easily become misaligned, so it is a good practice to check the gutters for any shifting after a big storm.
- Repairing cracks in foundation walls as soon as you see them — even the tiniest of cracks has the potential to grow into a full on flood situation.
Invest in a sump pump
Sump pumps can be a great investment if you have a deep basement that tends to flood with a lot of rain. These little machines take all the water that is entering the home and propel it away into the home’s sewage system, and considering that pedestal sump pumps usually last anywhere between 25 to 30 years if they’re installed and maintained properly, they can be a great addition to your home in keeping it nice and dry.
If you have found yourself needing foundation repair, don’t hesitate to call our professionals today. We specialize in anything from repairing cracks in foundation walls to installing sump pumps and water wells. Don’t let your problems get out of hand and call us today.